Questions about Angels

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Braddah

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I have 4 angels in my 55 gal tank and had some questions about them....
First off I had an Angel lose most of one of his bottom fins.... will it grow back?
Second the same angle is a lot smaller than the rest (I got him and another first, then bought 2 more later) He was a little smaller than his buddy but larger than the 2 new ones. Now he is the smallest and the others have been far outgrowing him.... I dont know what subspecies they all are but I dont know if that matters. So the question is should I worry about him or is he a runt and just a slow grower???

Per the fin, it should grow back. I've had cichlids and p's with their fins torn to the root when fighting and it grew back.

Per your runt question, this is perfectly normal for any species of fish and it's nothing to worry about as long as you see him trying to get food when you feed him. If you see him not even coming out for the food then we have a problem which can easily be fixed through troubleshooting.

Thanx for the quick reply smb! No there is no problem with him eating that Im aware of...I defrost there frozen food in a plastic cup and when ever I come over to the tank they start eating before the food even hits the water it crazy....Well I feel better thanx for puttin me at ease....

Most reactions

Back