Question: Sand Needs?

Sadie_BGK

New Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Canada
Okay I was thinking about getting some play sand for in my ten gallon tank, but how would I clean it and would I need a special kind of filter? I currently have a Aquaclear 10 I believe. Would that be fine? All I have in the tank are 6 black and red phantom tetras.
 
I put mine in a bucket and washed with water from the tap. No special filters or anything needed, anything besides a ugf will work.
 
Okay thank you. So do you take the sand out to clean it? Or do you not clean it?
 
method i used to clean our sand was:-

1) get youself a clean bucket (prefebly new without any chemicals in it)
2) put a hosepipe in the bottom of the bucket
3) half fill the bucket with sand so that it sits on top of the hosepipe
4) turn on the hose, this will fill the bucket up from underneath and push all the rubbish up
5) let the hose run for a good 15 - 20 mins, stiring the sand occasionally untill the water runs clear
6) empty into tank, you can scoop it out the bucket, or just drop it in
7) repeat for remaining sand
 
if you mean once its already in the tank, just use a syphon filter, thats what i do. kev (my other half) thought you meant to first put it in :good:
 
Yes I was thinking about when you put it in. It is still helpful to know what to do with it before you put it in. Thank you both. Im planning to put a betta in it.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top