**Question of the week** | What is your favorite fish that you own?

@Sgooosh
Here are a couple of pics of my betta:
MBetta 1.jpg
MBetta 3.jpg
MBetta 4.jpg
MBetta 5.jpg

(Please don't mind the algae; it grows back literally as soon as I scrub it off lol).

My favorite fish remains the Micropoecilia picta. But I've shown these fish a couple of time already.
DSCF7740.JPG

But I also have as special place for my mudd skippers. Eventhough, they're able to live partially on land and in water, they're officially real fish with just a strong developed pectoral fins that they can use a legs: Periophthalmus novemradiatus.
Most of the day, they'll be out of the water. They're in my paludarium. So, there's a high humidity.
You get the impression that it's an amphbian but they're not. But they're real fish with an amphbian character.
DSCF2034.JPG

I think its the largest M. boesemani,a male about 5 1/2 " long with sort of a brahma bull back and thick body. He radiates top dog..the others give way to him and yet he never,ever,attacks the lower ranking males. A shake and short display and he won.
He's not the most colorful..I have a male coming along with deep orange and medium blue while Mr. Bigstuff is pale blue and yellow.
Btw- I would recommend Tetra color flakes for Rainbows. When I stopped and went back to plain flakes? Yes some fish lost some of their intense color. So,I guess it works- at double the cost.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back