Question About Switching Tanks?

Le Sorcier

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am shortly going to switch from my 27l square tank to a Juwel Rio 180l.

I was hoping to simply place my mature filter sponges inside my new juwel filter (in between the new sponges) and leave it for, say, 8 weeks.

Would it then be safe to remove?

Thanks in advance

ps

I currently have 4 Corys, 2 Platys, 2 Mollies and 1 Endler.

How soon could I begin to introduce new fish?

Thanks again

:)
 
If you move all the media you currently have and place it in the new internal filter, then you transfer the fish immediately or else the bacteria have nothing to feed on. That is the best way to cycle it, dont add any new fish for a few weeks and then start to stock slowly as normal to allow the bacteria to build up with the waste being produced.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top