question about live plants

billy61788

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i got some live plants today...theres this one its a sword im not sure which kind but its tall. it has 6 leaves and 3 of them extend alittle out of the water because theyre so long. is it ok for part of the leaves to be out of the water?

The leaves may dry out if they aren't fully in the water. If you can find a way to "stuff" them into the tank if not just keep an eye on it and "bounce" the leaves into the tank a few times a day just to keep them moist. You should be fine.

Rose

thanks...and another quick question. is there a way to get normal house plants to be able to go into a fish tank? my mom has this plant that i think would look good in a tank but i dindt know if it is possible to do

billy61788 said:
thanks...and another quick question. is there a way to get normal house plants to be able to go into a fish tank? my mom has this plant that i think would look good in a tank but i dindt know if it is possible to do
Most terrestial plants will not grow submersed. Its not a good idea. sometimes LFS will sell plants that are not true aquatic plants, but your average houseplant is a no no.

Might help if you know what it is though.

I would never put a house hold plant into a tank mainly because most of them are poisonus to fish.

Rose

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back