Question About Airpumps

ChilliPepper

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Oct 1, 2008
Messages
2,133
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have an airpump which I use to power an airstone in my main tank. I am looking to get a Betta to put in my spare hexagonal tank, which would go next to it. I have a Stingray Elite 15 filter which I used on my 60L, so it is really far too big for this 21L tank. I am trying to do things as cheaply as possible. I have been advised to get a sponge filter for my tank, which are cheap enough, but needs an airpump to power it. Is it possible to get a connector which would enable me to use the airpump for both tanks? Or is it better to go for something like the Stingray 5 which is much smaller?
 
Get a gang valve, anywhere from two to 8+ outputs off of one pump.
 
You can get things that will allow you to run both tanks, either a straight forward 'T' piece, or better, a 2-way gang valve that will allow you to adjust the flow on each outlet.
The only thing you need to consider is whether your airpump is putting out enough air to power both outputs?

T Connector:
thumb_t-connector.jpg


Gang Valve:
algarde-2way-gang-valve-6mm.jpg
 
Excellent - just what I wanted to hear :)

It's a Tetratec APS 50 if that's any help?

Just looking around I don't think it's powerful enough for both aquariums... May have to use this one on Betta tank and get a larger one for my big tank.... Annoying... Or get one which is large enough for them both and sell the APS 50... Decisions, decisions.... :rolleyes: :lol:
 
Not sure what makes them give these recommendations, but from the TetraTec website I'd be tempted to move the APS50 to the small tank, and then get another pump for the main tank.

I currently run an APS100 on my 60L tank, and an APS400 on my 300L :)

Format:
Product
Size of Aquarium
Max. Pumping Rate
Power Consumption


Tetratec APS 50
10 - 60 l
50 l/h
2,0 Watt

Tetratec APS 100
50 - 100 l
100 l/h
2,5 Watt

Tetratec APS 150
80 - 150 l
150 l/h
3,1 Watt

Tetratec APS 300
120 - 300 l
300 l/h
4,5 Watt

Tetratec APS 400
250 - 600 l
400 l/h
4,5 Watt
 
Sorted: I have now got a APS 300 for my big tank and the APS 50 can go on the Betta tank :) Thanks for help!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top