Query

shibby

Fish Herder
Reaction score
does anyone have any info on the white tailed trigger? (sufflemen sp - is its latinname i think)

and alsothe longnose puffer

been googling away but can reli only find pictures wanan no about tank sizes and experiances with them, :)

cheers n3ont3tra, i dotn think thats the right trigger though!

i think its like this:

http://fins.actwin.com/species/index.php?t=9&i=157

but i cant find much about it, i havent seen it as of yet in person but ive been offered it since it was sold as reef safe then brought bak to another store as it isnt reef safe. the only trigger i cud according to liveaquaria fit my limits iis a undulate trigger!

i dont think the white tail is common, my google searchign skills arent great though so i havent been able to find alota info on them :(

nope! just been offered this white tail trigger as a freebie since the shop of course cant sell fish that have been brought bak into them from a different place! and since i dont intend to keep a reef id thought id try n find out a little sumin about it :)

cheers again n3eont3tra!!!! :p massive help !!

im still unsure i dnt think it will fit unless its similar to the undulate which dosent need as much room, but it is free and i am starting work in a marine store on monday so any trouble i will be able to easily home it there.

goodnews is though it looks like it saysd there peaceful n grow to 8inches i think!? might go for it.

Hmm... when in doubt, ask Lynden. She knows a lot about triggers and eels and those kind of things. Send her a PM.

first thing i did :p was a few days ago musnt of been online recently dunno!

legend!

so far ive been looking all over, ive come up with 3 dif latin names

sufflemen sp
Sufflamen albicaudatus
sufflemen ???? - cant remeber

the picture before is def it, i havent personally seen it but i sent tht pic to the person who offered it to see if it is the right one and it is but the one at the lfs is slightly darker .... it was sold as reef safe of course but isnt ... and apparently its not a v common trigger since the lfs dont have alot of info on it i believe !!

cheers for ur help so far myuch appreciated :)

edit: to clarify http://fins.actwin.com/species/index.php?t=9&i=157 but apparently darker :p its like a searchign for a needle in a haystack lol!

Tusks will probably be fine with the more passive planktonic triggers such as blue jaw, Hawaain black, pink tail, white tail, and to a lesser extent nigers.

Soo.... now we know it's planktonic. :p

the most info ive found on it sooo far is it grows to 8-12 inches, its a peaceful trigger as far as peaceful goes in triggers :p and some have been reported to being kept in reefs!

EDIT: just read ur post thats where i got my info from haha :p

Most reactions

Back