pygmy cories

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

leck85

Moved On
Reaction score
i just got 4 of these little guys.. are they the same as normal cories basically ?

I've a group of 12 of them, I really enjoy them but find that they hide a little more then the larger types that I have. They also tend to "free swim" the mid level of the tank more then the larger types. They are wonderful fish and I am glad that I gave them a try...

ALASKA

i bought 4 of em as i found em cheap, and was looking for something to put in with the new female bettas.. they chill amongst the plants, and roam around a bit..

do i need to feed em stuff, or will they be ok on leftover food?

i have some cory pellets, but not many of them.. i guess ill try a piece of that and see if they touch it..

i also got 4 ottos (1 died in bag on way home) so i have 3 lol

yep you need to feed them. also if you could get acouple more it would be good, they are so small that they need as large a school as possible to make them feel secure.

got 8 - they swin about all over the place - really active sometimes - and really reclusive at others :dunno:

they often chill with the ottos.. i was suprised.. they look quite similar, i thought i was missing 2 ottos but they were all together in a corner of the tank..

turns out 1 of them has a dot on it... not sure if its ick.. ick usually isnt this bright..

its a white dot protruding from its body.. bigger than an ick dot.. i put in some ick meds and raised the temp.. i will have to see how things go

Awww, i hope he gets better, or better still, i hope it isnt ick.

Ive just added a post on here abt the lil fellas, as i need more info abt them, any chance of sum info abt wot they like does like, how many to keep together, ive heard 6, which do you think their happist in ? all help is much appricated

i have 4 together in with 1 female betta right now in an 8g..

the female will chase them if theyre by themselves.. but doesnt go near them when they are in a group

Most reactions

Back