Putting too much whitespot tretment in tank

sia20

Reaction score
Some of our fish have fin rot and white spot, it is a two week old tank. We have just put some white spot treatment in, but mis understood the instructions and put five times too much in. we have changed fifty percent of the water but our little catfish keeps floating on the top then coming to life again, all the other fish are a bit dopey and the frog keeps going mental, also our fighter has just died of fin rot, boo hoo. any sugestions of what to do now ?????? -_-

Get some black carbon quickly in the tank, and do another water change.

what is black carbon i am new to fish? our angel fish is now looking pretty sick and the neons keep going for the angels tail :angry: :angry:

Black carbon removes the meds out of the tank it removes chemicals, you will have to act fast or you could lose the whole tank, do some more water changes.

we have done a few water changes possibly about 75% now i cant get any black carbon tonight so all i can do is hope for the best over night unless you have anymore hints?

You do no that all these water changers could put you back to a mini cycle, but at the moment this is the least of your problems, how are the fish acting now.

Sorry I forgot you have only had it set up two weeks, if they are struggling you might have to do another water change.

baby cat fish now on the bottom instead of on its side at the top sat still but appears ok, angel fish and 2x guramis ok but a bit slugish, neons and plec seem ok but the frog is still going up and down like mad could the white spot treatment be burning his skin he loooks a little red underneath never noticed this before

Can you get the frog out of there and put him in something else, do you have an airstone for aeration.

no all i have is a small goldfish tank but no heater or filter

Why do they need a heater, don't no nothing about frogs i'm afraid i think i would put him in there.

Message a mod like inchworm I think he no's alot about frogs.

how are the fish.

fish all alive except one neon, they seemed to be sturgling for air and moving there gills real fast so set pump to put out max air and they seem a lot better 1 gurami seems to be hanging around the top in one corner all the time though and not eating? but all other fish seem ok

Better than they were, just watch them as the med could of damaged them.

Most reactions

Back