Pump outputting Algae

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ug94bxs

Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can help. I have a Juwel 400-liter tropical tank. About a week ago we had an explosion in Algae (green water with Algae floating). I used a product to remove the Algae which lumps it together so the filters can pick it up. This worked really well and the water was very clear.

The issue came when I went to replace the biopad, when I removed the carriage and put in a new pad. The pump then outputted Algae for like 20 second and the water was green again.

I thought the issue may have been I did not turn off the pump when I change the pad. Did the same process the next day and same result.

What am i doing wrong?

Hi

Hope someone can help. I have a Juwel 400-liter tropical tank. About a week ago we had an explosion in Algae (green water with Algae floating). I used a product to remove the Algae which lumps it together so the filters can pick it up. This worked really well and the water was very clear.

The issue came when I went to replace the biopad, when I removed the carriage and put in a new pad. The pump then outputted Algae for like 20 second and the water was green again.

I thought the issue may have been I did not turn off the pump when I change the pad. Did the same process the next day and same result.

What am i doing wrong?
wash the pump so the residue dosent stick on and stuff
thoroughly get rid of algae while pump is outisde of water, and turn off the pump before you take stuff out, some stuff will come loose and get bown awaay

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back