cupofjoel

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to my LFS tomorrow. Here are my options:

Congo Tetra tank with Rummy Nose
Congo Tetra only tank
Rummy Nose only tank

Thoughts?

IMO it will be risky to put Congo's with rummynose. It might be ok but Congo's are pretty aggressive.

What size tank is this?

IMO it will be risky to put Congo's with rummynose. It might be ok but Congo's are pretty aggressive.

What size tank is this?
Really? Ive never heard of that.

Id do only rummynose as I like south American fish more.
But I wouldn't mind congos in an African tank. lol

Off topic, sort of. You are in western Washington correct? What fish store do you go to? All of the ones near me really suck

Okay, I'm going to my LFS tomorrow. Here are my options:

Congo Tetra tank with Rummy Nose
Congo Tetra only tank
Rummy Nose only tank

Thoughts?
I wouldnt put congos and rummys together. Congos get pretty big and are a little to rowdy for the smaller slower rummy nose but id be interested to here how it worked if you did decide to go with both as both are just beautiful fish.

Off topic, sort of. You are in western Washington correct? What fish store do you go to? All of the ones near me really suck
I live in Factoria. I go to Denny's Pet World. I prefer Aquarium Coop but they don't answer their phones anymore so I'm not going all the way to Edmonds to find out they don't have what I want.

I wouldnt put congos and rummys together. Congos get pretty big and are a little to rowdy for the smaller slower rummy nose but id be interested to here how it worked if you did decide to go with both as both are just beautiful fish.

I do want a peaceful tank, so I guess I'll go for an all Rummy Nose tank. Probably work my way up to 30-40 of them. Overstocking?

I live in Factoria. I go to Denny's Pet World. I prefer Aquarium Coop but they don't answer their phones anymore so I'm not going all the way to Edmonds to find out they don't have what I want.
Dennys is good. I LOVE the aquarium co op but dont get to go often. Have you tried bridges pets? It's pretty good.

I do want a peaceful tank, so I guess I'll go for an all Rummy Nose tank. Probably work my way up to 30-40 of them. Overstocking?
No not over stocking. What about adding some cardinal tetras as well?

Its not that the congos will be aggressive its just that congos are a lot more active fast swimming fish and should be kept with like tetras. Rummynose are slower swimmers and form tighter shoals than a lot of tetras thsy do well with other slow swimming tetras like neons glo light tetra emperor tetra flame tetra black neon cardinal tetra ember tetra maybe lemon tetra dwarf pencil fish, not blood fin tetra or blue tetra as they are fast active swimmers and not with serpaes, skirts, or columbians that are either too active or too nippy.
Candy cane tetra and phantom tetra might be ok with smaller tetra.
40 or 30 in a 75 is no where near over stocking.
Id pair them with another like tetra. When smaller shoaling fish see other like fish out swimming about it signals to them the absence of predators and they feel safer. My glo light tetra and rummynose used to shoal together.
In the wild dwarf pencil fish are often seen in the same water ways as tetras like neons and dwarf pencil fish tend to occupy a bit more of the top portion of the tank so they wont be competing as much for room with the rummy nose. Black neons are also a goid fit as they tend to occupy the top middle more than the bottom middle.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back