Puffers

8inary

Fishaholic
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
550
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all, I have been interested in keeping puffer fish for some time, however was initially put off when I was told they are brackish fish.

I was also told, a lot of people set them up in freshwater tank, but after 6months they die due to the water.

I was wanting to know, are there any puffers that are ok for freshwater 'not brackish'.

I would love to have something that grows to circa 4" I would like to have two, maybe 'male/female' in a 3ft tank.

What advise would you give to me regarding my ideas and questions, and any other information relevant to keeping puffers.

Thanks in advance
 
The puffer forum is the best place to start, tons of info on puffer fish of all sorts.

If you go onto 'learn' then pufferpedia then select FW puffers, you get a good list and it should be a good starting point. For some reason its not letting me link to the page, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to type it into google :P

EDIT: Grrr this is annoying how its not letting me link
 
Its not letting you link because the link is another forum.

If you want semi-community puffers, try to get your hands on some brazilian/south american/bumblebee puffers. Red eye red tailed puffers are actually pretty peaceful in my experience as well. Both are good tankmates. If you want more aggressive puffers, you can go with dragon/kingkong puffers. They do well with each other, but dont expect to put them with anything else.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top