protein skimmers

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Prag

Reaction score
Whats up?
I am going to start a Saltwater aquarium with the size of 105cmX50cmx50cm=260L/60g
I am going to use an Ehiem 2215 620lp/h
live rock as well and may also use a millennium 2000 or aquaclear 200 if Im having problems with the water because I was worried if I use the extra filter it may cause to many nitrates in the water and I did want to have some cleaner shrimp later.

Anyways the thing is a dont really know much about protein filters I've been doing a lot of seraching on the internet and asking at the LFS they suggested a

TS 2000 Protein skimmer with and 800Lp/h pump

I was thinking about

Azoo tri-super venturi skimmer with an 1800lp/h pump

or

Weipro skimmer and 1800lp/h pump

or

Qeen venturi skimmer with a 1500lp/h pump

I was not usre if the TS2000, AZOO and Queen Venturi are any different because they look kind of similar I would appreciate any advice or any experiencees with any of these???

Thanks
Prag

I don't know much about these but I'd be skeptical of Azoo. Do a search on reefcentral.com on each of these products and I'm sure you'll get reviews.

I use a Turboflotor 1000 and am happy. People seem to love the AquaC Remora skimmers as well. These may be pricier than the ones you are looking at, not sure. But the skimmer is the one piece of equipment not to skimp on re: cost. That and lighting.

the only two I'd recamend are the deltec sp600 or the mc500 or the aquamedic turboflotter 100multi SL. the thing you have to look at with protein skimmers is how much air is sucked in and how big are the bubbles. both the deltec and the aquamedic have eithere needle or pin wheels instead of an inpeller to "mash" up the air. an air powered skimmer is only as powerful as the pupm supplying it and even witha good pump they may not be effective.

Most reactions

Back