Protein Skimmer Questions

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
Ok, I saw this kick-ass skimmer at the store today for cheap, so I opened the box to check it out. I saw the skimmer, with the typical look and all, however it didn't come with any cable/pump of any sort. So my questions.

1. It didn't come with any pump/cables - am I supposed to buy any?
2. What type of pump am I supposed to buy? (Submersible, external, etc)
3. Is there anything else other then the main skimmer and the pump needed?

Label your answers as numbers to make it easier,

"TANX" 8)

It could either be an airdriven skimmer in which case you will need an air pump and a woden air diffuser. it could be venturi powered in which case you will need a pump to inject the air. either way you will need a small/medium sized pump to pump water through it unless it has an air uplift which sucks water through the same way an undergravel works, in which case I would leave it in the shop. we could really do with either a pic or make/model of the skimmer.

ste :)

I was thinking - maybe it would be easier if you could show me pictures of the types of protein skimmers, and then I can choose, thanks. :)

all those are pretty good skimmers, some better than others. also, have a lok at these. they have a great reputation here in the UK.

ste :)

I'll have to research a little, and I'll be back with questions if needed, thanks. :)

Ok, I found it. It is the first one on the webpage!

Protein Skimmer

It's called the 'Queen Turbo Skimmer TS-2000'.

Can anyone tell me what type of pump it needs to work? Thanks.

C'mon people - what do I need other then that skimmer? I am sure it needs pump, but is that all? (It says on website - "Requires 2000lph water pump") but is that all?

find the manufacturer web page or a seller's web page and read/call/ask what the recommended pump is. or search on the pump name in reefs.org or on reefcentral and see what others use.

i like my CPR bakpak skimmer. Since i am not doing anything too crazy in my tank. It does the protein skimming job effiencently and it even came with a filter. heh.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back