Progress of the 180 gallon

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
here are some pics of my progress so far on the frame for the stand......it's gotta be strong after all! :nod: :fish:

Attachments

• Untitled_Scanned_03.jpg
    Untitled_Scanned_03.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 49
stand

Attachments

• Untitled_Scanned_05.jpg
    Untitled_Scanned_05.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 52
again....

Attachments

• Untitled_Scanned_06.jpg
    Untitled_Scanned_06.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 53
I love progress pics! B)

Looks great FM. Keep'em coming. :)

How much did the wood cost?

So far the wood/screws/glue/painthave cost $130........I am so excited to get this monster running! :hyper:

....further along.

Attachments

• stand4.jpg
    stand4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 61
:wub:

Attachments

• stand1.jpg
    stand1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 52
just got one ? mike.... and I am not pretending to be a carpenter or anything.... but I noticed that all of your braces in the corners are going the same way and that they seem to be bracing the front....y is that? but other than my ? looks great

Well.....needless to say....we all know that gravity pushes down not sideways and i am completely confident that this stand could hold a hell of a lot more weight than just a 180.....mostly the braces are just there to look pretty (lol) you meant the angled ones, right? heh heh.

Almost ready for sanding and paint now! Anyways, off to the garage!!!

Attachments

• joey_s_peacock.jpg
    joey_s_peacock.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 49
I was at one time a professional carpenter. From my inspection of the stand, looks like it could hold a school bus. One word of caution though. The wood you buy now days has a very high moisture content. Keep an eye out for shrinkage. While glue and screws are the best to use, they still cant hold back mother nature. Nice work by the way.

Here is a pic with a little paint......yes the inside will stay bare.....dunno why I decided that though. Maybe laziness? Na!!! Unfortunately I ran out of wood before I could make the doors, So I am off to The Depot for more tomorrow!
The awesome news is that the tank will probably be on the stand tomorrow as well!!! :p

Attachments

• black3.jpg
    black3.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58

Most reactions

Back