Problem feeding my arowana

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

AceDRoger

Reaction score
Dears: I bought my new arowana 3 days ago and am not happy to feed the aro gold feeder fishes
so i want to train it having pellets or sticks..... the problem though i have 3 oscars and severum fish
and when i drop into the tank those pellets they attack like crazy and don't give the aro the needed time to even think about whether these are good food for her or to try to taste it at least so any ideas
best regards .

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

Put food in at both ends of the tank. The Oscars and others can go for the main group of pellets and the Arowana can look at the floating bits. When the Arowana gets hungry it will be more aggressive towards going after food.

Make sure the tank gets regular water changes and gravel cleans due to the amount of waste that will be produced by the fish.

Thank u a lot
this might help hope she considers eating pellets after all

You should also look into frozen foods for your fish. You can buy white bait, blue sardines and prawns/ shrimp from fishing stores. Defrost the prawn and remove the head and shell and throw those bits away. Then cut or break them into pieces and offer a few bits at a time to the tank. The white bait or blue sardines should be defrosted and cut into bits and offered a few pieces at a time.

Remove any uneaten food.

Vary their diet as much as possible so they get the most nutritional value, and they will be less likely to go on hunger strikes if their normal food is not available.

Welcome to TFF. :hi:

No mention is made of the tank size, but Arowana and Oscars are not compatible. Also, if the Arowana is the Silver species from South America, Osteoglossum bicirrhosum, it will reach 70-80 cm (31 inches) and requires a huge tank such as in a public aquarium.

Most reactions

trending

Back