Hi,
New to this site so hope I'm writing in the right space.
Bit of background about my tank, prior to yesterday it contained:
2 Kribensis
1 Plec
1 Dwarf Ram
1 Siamese fighter
3 Golden barbs
2 Rosy barbs
4 Blue king tetras
4 Black phantom tetras
2 harlequins
5 silvertip tetras
1 galaxy rasbora
Its a 4 foot tank and I have been keeping fish for just over two years with no problems, my fish have generally been peaceful. Yesterday I added to my tank 3 Rummynose tetras and 2 Cobalt blue dwarf gouramis. The Rummynose tetras were no smaller than my silvertip, galaxy or harlequins, some of which are also fairly new additions. As soon as I added the rummynose my tank was instantly disrupted with my other fish all chasing them, but paying no attention to the 2 new gourami. Thinking it would help them settle down, I switched the light off. A couple of hours later, I looked at my tank and was unable to find any of my new tetras, after about ten minutes of watching I saw one come out from behind a rock and it was instantly ambushed by all my fish and ended up in my larger Kribs mouth who I believe to have then eaten it as it swam away with it behind some rocks. I have seen no sign of any of the fish since. Its suprised me as my fish have never reacted this way to newcomers which I frequently add, and am now weary about getting anymore new fish! Does anyone know of any reason why this may have happened and of anything I can do to prevent it???
Thanks
New to this site so hope I'm writing in the right space.
Bit of background about my tank, prior to yesterday it contained:
2 Kribensis
1 Plec
1 Dwarf Ram
1 Siamese fighter
3 Golden barbs
2 Rosy barbs
4 Blue king tetras
4 Black phantom tetras
2 harlequins
5 silvertip tetras
1 galaxy rasbora
Its a 4 foot tank and I have been keeping fish for just over two years with no problems, my fish have generally been peaceful. Yesterday I added to my tank 3 Rummynose tetras and 2 Cobalt blue dwarf gouramis. The Rummynose tetras were no smaller than my silvertip, galaxy or harlequins, some of which are also fairly new additions. As soon as I added the rummynose my tank was instantly disrupted with my other fish all chasing them, but paying no attention to the 2 new gourami. Thinking it would help them settle down, I switched the light off. A couple of hours later, I looked at my tank and was unable to find any of my new tetras, after about ten minutes of watching I saw one come out from behind a rock and it was instantly ambushed by all my fish and ended up in my larger Kribs mouth who I believe to have then eaten it as it swam away with it behind some rocks. I have seen no sign of any of the fish since. Its suprised me as my fish have never reacted this way to newcomers which I frequently add, and am now weary about getting anymore new fish! Does anyone know of any reason why this may have happened and of anything I can do to prevent it???
Thanks







