Price Challenge Forum...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

smithrc

My names Russell.... ....and I'm a
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've just posted a thread in the hardware section asking for peoples best prices on a tetratec filter....

I think it would be a great idea if we had a new forum for threads like this...

The OP could update the original post with teh best price that has been found so far... thus allowing everyone to make savings.
(Has anyone seen the "money saving expert's" forum like this - works very well and results in lots of people saving money. :))

It might need a moderator to keep the original post up to date, but it probably wouldn't be much work.

I'm with it :good: , i've been searching for lights, live rock and loads of other stuff, I've atleast looked at 4 different websites for each :crazy:

I hope it catches on...

Yep! It gets my vote!
Only trouble could be, huge volume of posts and lots of different currencys. Unless there were sub-forums, each one with a different place and currency, e.g. UK, America, Canada, Australia you get the idea.

good idea you could have uk/usa/other countries

ps not before long we will be using the same money

cheers Dane

yep - thats what I was thinking too - (hence the sub title "Country seperated" ;)

The thread I started has already confirmed I'd found the best price but has given me a dsount code that will save me £5 - possibly £10 (as I want 2 filters)

What do the mods think?

thing that concerns me mate is its way cheaper up north than it is down your neck of the woods so would see a bit of conflict that way but a way round that is if you see sumit cheaper around the posters location then tell them where its cheaper ie theres no point for instance russell wanting a new pump down his way for 30 and its up mine for 20 it would cost him more in fuel

cheers dane

thinks its a good idea.
ive also been looking at another filter, lighting units heaters etc and would have been helpfull

thing that concerns me mate is its way cheaper up north than it is down your neck of the woods so would see a bit of conflict that way but a way round that is if you see sumit cheaper around the posters location then tell them where its cheaper ie theres no point for instance russell wanting a new pump down his way for 30 and its up mine for 20 it would cost him more in fuel

cheers dane

surly the OP meant internet prices?

chris

I like the idea but three issues I can see with it are that it would be a massive section, it is open to abuse and there would probably be issues with the sponsors.

What would be better is a page which is regularly updated with links to online shops (and local shops though that is more difficult) and a way for members to vote for them (based on price/service/quality) split up into sections (based on location) and then users can look through and check for themselves.

If you think for example just for lights how many threads that could take up it would become unusable very quickly.

Also I dont agree with always going for the cheapest option. I always try and buy everything either from my LFS or from an online store that has proven it deserves the money. Its a difficult industry and encouraging online retailers to undercut each other just means more businesses going under and eventually much less choice for us. Thats just me personal opinion though and has no bearing on the rest :)

good idea you could have uk/usa/other countries

ps not before long we will be using the same money

cheers Dane

Im for it. But, how are we all going to be using the same money? Is america changing our currency, or is the UK?

This is a good idea. When I first got into the hobby I spent way too much on tanks and equipment.

I do quite like this idea... I'm just thinking about it.

This could be great for those of us working with a tight budget. I really hope you do find a way to make it work. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back