Is she pregnant

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amy smith

Reaction score
Can anyone help me I have a swordtail and can’t tell if she is pregnant or not :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 1,074
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 51
not super pregnant. wait a while and only put fry in breeder not big fish

Can anyone help me I have a swordtail and can’t tell if she is pregnant or not :)
She does look pregnant.
Swordtails are always pregnant; platies and guppies are always pregnant. Show me one that isn't and then I will get excited.
They're not always pregnant, of course... But I do understand the remark you've made.

i just bought 2 females that have male coloring. one of them has some weird male behavior, follows the bigger girls around.

Hi Amy. My swordtail gave birth to 18 fry a few days back. She looked similar to yours. When I looked at her from underneath it almost looked like she had swallowed a pea. I didn't notice the squaring off that many people say.

I know people say don't put the female in a birthing tank but I did and it worked out. She was only in there for about 12 hours. The alternative of trying to fish out the fry from my main tank felt like too much of a task.

PXL_20220316_172700057.MP.jpg

One of my guppies gave birth a few weeks back in the main tank and only one survived. There is plenty of hiding in my tank, but still they mostly got picked off so wanted to make sure the Swordtail fry were separated.

PXL_20220316_172450070.jpg

Good luck.

Most reactions

Back