Pregnant platy confirmation.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gazzmeister

Reaction score
hi folks, I’ve never had a pregnant fish before but have looked up the various signs.

What do you think. She is breathing heavy, hiding in secluded areas which she didn’t do at all. Belly is square i think?. The male has been chasing her for a while now. Am I overreacting or does she look pregnant. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 142
hi folks, I’ve never had a pregnant fish before but have looked up the various signs.

What do you think. She is breathing heavy, hiding in secluded areas which she didn’t do at all. Belly is square i think?. The male has been chasing her for a while now. Am I overreacting or does she look pregnant. Cheers
Another photo

Attachments

• 061EAD6E-1AF1-4E48-AE29-B1C4372291C5.jpeg
    061EAD6E-1AF1-4E48-AE29-B1C4372291C5.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 89
She looks very close. Are you sitting near her tank? (I’m just wondering how fast we will know if she has any baby’s.) :)

So exciting!!!! :lol:

She is in a breeders box correct!?????

If she is not, then the male will eat the babies. :)

She is in a breeders box correct!?????

If she is not, then the male will eat the babies. :)
Oh yes she’s in a breeders box, I’m sat waiting but who knows how long, I have another 3 hours before I go to bed though so will let you know lol

Thank you! I will be on the road for about 2 hrs, here pretty shortly, so you probably won’t hear from me for another 2 and 1/2 hours! Good luck! :)

Your welcome! So, have they entered this world yet!? :)

Breeder boxes are too small and can stress out the fish if you only have a pair /platys in a tank they should be fine when the fry are born they will spent the first few days hiding in gravel or plant coverage on the bottom layer of the tank when the adults are well fed they tend to leave there young alone

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back