Pregnant ghost shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Crazy_fish_mom

Reaction score
i just got a few more ghost shrimp for my 10 gallon tank which also contains a gourami, a Cory catfish, and a Betta fish. I go to put the shrimp in my tank and I see one has lots of little specs inside of it. It turns out it is pregnant!
What do I do to help it give birth and help the babies grow?

Attachments

• IMG_2321.JPG
    IMG_2321.JPG
    642.3 KB · Views: 245
well u need these things.
Sponge filter
and realize your fry wont live because your tank is full of omnivores/carnivores...

I never put the pregnant shrimp in that tank, I put it in a spare half gallon I had laying around. I already knew that the fry would get eaten if I left the pregnant shrimp in there. I just don't know what supplies I need or any other facts I need to know about pregnant ghost shrimp and the fry. I will move the fully grown shrimp to the tank after it gives birth.

Gouramis and Bettas shouldn't be housed together. They are from the same family and WILL fight.

I have two tanks that house a gourami and a Betta together one for several months, and the other for about a year and no problems have come up. In both tanks the Betta fish was put in first then the Gourami was introduced after, there is never any flaring up or nipping at each other. It depends on if you know the Bettas temperament first.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back