Pregnancy?

jefwic

Reaction score
Can you please verify that my female guppy is pregnant?

guppypic1.jpg

guppypic2.jpg

guppypic3.jpg

guppypic4.jpg

Thank you.

Its hard to tell with the blur but the thing about guppies is they are almost always pregnant! From the first photo I would say that she has a gravid spot from the 3rd she looks quite round, I would say she's in the early stages of pregnancy simply because in the first photo the gravid spot is not very large, when did she last give birth?

I would agree with william shes in her early stages.

Well, I bought her from the pet store about 3 weeks ago. She seems to have been getting larger for 2 weeks. I've never had a fish be pregnant before, so I'm making sure she is pregnant. I heard that she will stop eating a day before she has her babies, is this true? I have a breeding trap I can put her in.

She does eat more than anyone else in the tank. Is she just fat, or does she need this to develop the fry?

no not really, a good food that i like to use for good deveopment of fry is freeze dried Brine Shrimp made by Interpet just crumble abit of the cube up and watch them eat. I have noticed that if i dont feed her BS i find poor quality fry are raised.

Good look with babies

as for the breeding trap i would say it would be a good idea as the female like to eat the little ones and it might be an idea to look at somewhere to raise the fry untill they are ready to join the tank again as they will get eatewn by just about all the fish in the tank.

Most reactions

Back