Powerheads

kribensis12

I know where you live
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
8,679
Reaction score
593
Points
113
Location
Peoria, Illinois
I won a powerhead tonight at a fish club meeting in the raffle! I already set it up and tried it out, it seems to be working pretty good. Its a Zoo-Med Powersweep Automatic Self Roatating Powerhead wavemaker ( model no. 214). Have you guys ever had one? If so, do they last for a long time?
 
i know zoo-med make some pretty good stuff so i imagine the quality is there. thats a heck of a deal, congrats! those gota be worth a pretty penny
 
Actually, i think i saw it at the petstore. I think they are only 20 dollars. But i only paid five! The tank it's in really needs the current, as the only thing in the tank was a sponge filter, wich dosent really agitate the water.
 
The best use for a power head in a tank with a sponge filter is to stick the inlet end of the power head into the riser on the sponge filter. It will circulate the water better and move all that water flow through the sponge filter. I am running 3 of my tanks with power head / sponge filter combinations so they will be safe for fry.
 
The best use for a power head in a tank with a sponge filter is to stick the inlet end of the power head into the riser on the sponge filter. It will circulate the water better and move all that water flow through the sponge filter. I am running 3 of my tanks with power head / sponge filter combinations so they will be safe for fry.
did the same with my angel fry previously :)

though i personally think the self rotating wave maker is quite an overkill. these things are more commonly used in marine set ups hence the term wave maker and not so much so a powerhead.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top