BryceHockey
Fish Fanatic
- Joined
- Sep 24, 2008
- Messages
- 194
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
This morning we lost power in the entire house for only around 30 seconds. It must've been something with the electric company.
I'm aware that 30 seconds isn't long at all, but what would you do if the power was out for longer? Isn't it true that the healthy bacteria will die if the filter is off and water is not circulating through it? Just was curious what all of you would do/have done if you are without electricity for a long period of time, or maybe it isn't even an issue.
By the way, I don't have a sponge otherwise I'm sure you could just float that in tank water. My filter in particular is an Aqueon Power Filter, but that shouldn't really matter since it's a general question.
I'm aware that 30 seconds isn't long at all, but what would you do if the power was out for longer? Isn't it true that the healthy bacteria will die if the filter is off and water is not circulating through it? Just was curious what all of you would do/have done if you are without electricity for a long period of time, or maybe it isn't even an issue.
By the way, I don't have a sponge otherwise I'm sure you could just float that in tank water. My filter in particular is an Aqueon Power Filter, but that shouldn't really matter since it's a general question.








