Power Head Placement

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mitch1970

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have 2 power heads in my tank. Just wondering where the best placement is please?

Opposite each other?

Next to or away from filter outlet?

Size of tank.
Planted
Stocking
Other filters
Type of powerheads?

240 litre fluval Roma. 406 external filter. 2 x blood parrots, 10 x rummy nose Tetras and 1 x bn pled.

3 x small anubius plants

2 hydro evolution 3200 power heads.

I am looking at another decent sized fish that will go with the parrots so need good circulation

If your output is at top of tank I would have one just below the 406 nozzle and one just below half way down.all of which will circulate water towards intake strainer of 406.
I personally would not add another fish as your parrots will get very big.are your tetras fully grown?

As GMC said, Those parrots will eat those tetras given the time to grow up. 

Also, With a 406, Why do you need 2 insanely high powered powerheads in a tank? I'd understand if it was marine but it seems overkill. Most likely annoy the fish XD

Tetras are fully grown and parrots are still fairly small about 3 inches max.

I know parrots are hard on the bio load and thought the power heads would help with the waste and keep the tank b well circulated as they like lots if oxygen.

Do you think the circulation is too much?

The Tetras love swimming in the current

With my parrots I had to syphon twice a week.I made sure I had strong water movement along surface.they are very messy.
Unless you have areas that the flow is broken it's prob too high for tetras and I am sure one day will be snacks for the parrots.
Could you send a pic of your tank?

Will have to wait til kids in for a photo beyond my skills!

I take it the flow will be ok for parrots?

Yeah should be fine for parrots

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back