<6>std
<7>kniesh
<8>always4lora
<9>davo86
<10>gasmask
<11>xenon junkie
<12>mixmaster jay
<13>Jelly
<13.5>helterskelter as its not his<or is it>if yes that gets you half a point up to 14
<14>

ok here is my channa marulia that arrived today
29072009613-1.jpg

29072009614.jpg

29072009618.jpg

29072009612.jpg

its now hiding in the plants lol

Cool snakehead and looks like loads of tetra snacks for him :good:

I got a wee rainbow off DarkEntity, I'll try and get a pic but hes very shy.

<1>nelly
<2>karigupi
<3>simonas
<4>dave_oddballs
<5>shelaghfishface
<6>std
<7>kniesh
<8>always4lora
<9>davo86
<10>gasmask
<11>xenon junkie
<12>mixmaster jay
<13>Jelly
<13.5>helterskelter as its not his<or is it>if yes that gets you half a point up to 14
<14>

Sorry i cant rearly, when i have the room up and running I'll try to set something special ;)

cheers mate where have you been latley mate not seen you on for a while

im sure the tetra's will go when its bigger lol ive had them for a good 4 years now but i haven't got the space for another tank but ive got another 6 2ft and 1 4ft 2 3ft in the shed gathering dust until i move to a bigger place with a garden for a fish house and a bigger pond for the turtles
i love rainbows they are stunning looking snakeheads mate

Managed to get a piccie tonight of my new snakehead, she is a real cutie, we've decided she is a girl, much too cute to be a boy, her name is Angel, she is getting more confident now & we see much more of her, especially when you bung a prawn in.
3773104910_cb8d348ec0.jpg

aww im glad he/she is doing well!
i miss it when i go to bed! it was getting well greedy, i used to just about get the lancefish in the water and it would swim up and rip it out of my hand.
you can see the tail there, considering it was compltely gone its made a remarkable recovery!
i love that channa, just never had the space, so glad he/she has a good home!

Dave

Some of my channa orientalis , they're a bit quiet today guess theyre just full up.

i have 7 in total , the others are in the hair algae/ plants.

And one of their tank , a little big i think but should be good if they pair off more than enough room for the fry

looking good mate, nice pile of channa, no sometimes channa can be very lazy, after all we dont apprichiate channa for the swimming abilitys do we :lol:
they just look geat, obvious some are much more swimmers than others,like mid water channa pleuro/mal's/even my obscura now is soooo active over these past three weeks,like he has ant's in his pants, well makes i laugh anyhow

channa orientalis--10 cm / 4 inches

Channa bleheri--Usually 15cm/6 inches

Channa gachua --from around 7" to around 12"

Channa burmanica --22 cm / 9 inches

Channa harcourtbutleri --16 cm / 6 inches

channa bankanensis--14 cm / 6 inches

Channa stewartii --30cm approx 11inches although varients reported larger

channa ornatipinnis--around 25-30cm

channa pulchra--around 25-30cm

Channa panaw --17 cm / 7 inches

channa punctata--30 cm / 12 inches

channa maculata--16 cm / 6 inches

Channa spec. 5-stripe --around 25cm

Channa spec. lal-cheng, also known as blue bleheri and Channa spec. Assam--around 20cm

Channa spec. true-blue, also known as Channa spec. galaxy-blue --around same as stewartii

===========================

Meduim sized channa which require more space....

sp fluro green-- 35 cm / 14 inches

Parachanna africana--32 cm / 13 inches

Parachanna insignis -- about 45 cm.

Parachanna obscura --35 cm / 14 inches

Channa pleurophthalma--40 cm / 16 inches

Channa lucius--40 cm / 16 inches

Channa asiatica ---34 cm / 14 inches

channa melasoma--30 cm / 12 inches

Channa aurantimaculata --40 cm / 16 inches

===========================

giant snakehead channa that need a huge ammount of space

channa argus--85 cm / 33 inches

Channa barca --up to 35" or 89cm

Channa micropeltes-- 3.5ft or 106cm

channa marulioides--65 cm / 26 inches

channa marulia--over 90cm or 36 inches

channa striata --90 cm / 35 inches

just had a massive sort out of the tank that mine are in (pair of assams) took loads of junk out, also a hell of a lot of uneaten food ( all furry and nasty)
so all thats in there now is a bunch of grassy plants in one corner ( name has completley escaped me for the min lol) and a chunk of planted bog wood, tank looks a litte bare, but least i can see them now :) they seem to be happily exploring

right the tank is 147 litres and i was wondering if it was possible to put a few diffrent fish in with them? maybe only 1 or 2 but just something to add a bit of life to the tank :)
thanks in advance for your help :)

was just about to take pics of them and realised Sam has taken the camera to Scotland with him,so ill need to get some batteries for the other camera tommorow :)

A couple of photos of my new guys. Got myself a couple of Violet Snakeheads. (Channa aurantimaculata)

Been tanked for a few hours at the time of photos, but their color is starting to brighten up (slowly!)
Great fish to watch, but quite moody!

DSC03431.JPG

DSC03443.JPG

DSC03471.JPG

Also. . .

I will be taking over the PICTURE OF THE MONTH over at [URL="http://www.thesnakeheadforum.com"]http://www.thesnakeheadforum.com[/URL] from now, so if you are not already registered get over there sighn up and get some snaps of your SHs ready for the competition. You got to be in it to win it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back