Post Pic's Of Your Bettas And Its Home

Great tanks everyone!
When i first looked into to betta keeping i researched the internet and on most things it would just say all you need is a small bowl and it didnt say much more on a few i went on, i think really its upto an owner on how to care for their betta for example they dont nesacerily need heaters is what iv'e read but if it could make your betta happier then why not? I started off with my betta in a tank, with no heater or nothing much really because of what i'd read on the internet but since ive joined a proper betta site ive learnt so much, i learnt about them needing heaters and in some cases making the fish more happier, so i bought one and well its made my fish happier! I went for a totally new style with the tank and its made my fish happier! Sometimes i think its a choice of how well you care for them, with heaters you dont have to have them, but nearly every good betta owner will have a heater to ensure there bettas as happy as can be, i also think 3g is a minumum i would like a bigger tank for my betta and im in the progress of trying to get this sorted, this isnt aimed to you cloud, im just making an point. Rant Over. lol

Here is Oz with his tank mates; Team Tetra, Patrick (Bateman), Trent, Matt, Maynard and Morgan.

DSC02423.jpg

Oz! He's changing colour. Used to be a pinky, blood red and is now a rustier red with a hint of blue and green! Hopefully he's maturing and this isn't some horrible disease, lol.

DSC02447.jpg

Trent at the front, hanging out with Matt.

DSC02413.jpg

Team Tetra!

DSC02443.jpg

Patrick, the killer shrimp.

DSC02421.jpg

Oz used to be kept in a 3 gallon, and he was an active, happy betta. I can't comment on tank sizes as I've only ever had him in the 3 gallon and the 13 gallon, but I firmly believe that there are no rules, only what makes your pet happy and healthy. I don't think a betta would be truly active and happy in a 1-2 gal tank/bowl, but if someone can make it work and their betta lives a long and happy life, who are we to criticise?

You guys have NICE tanks!

Lilicamy - I love the colored plants in your tank. And by the way I think you are a genius when it comes to naming your pets. You fish/ADF have the coolest names! :cool:

Mewmew - this is one RAD tank! :drool:

Asseye - I love your tank too. :good: Where do you guys find these cool ornaments like that skull? Everything I see in LFS is really boring compared to what I have.

Cloud - I personally I agree with you and think it might not be the best idea to post a picture of your tank. ;) I have done it, but still feel embarassed to post pics of my bowl on this forum. I am humbled in the presence of these devoted "masters" ... :-(

ahh ha lol galanta! Bowls are not a bad thing no way, yours have turned out amazingly so! I just like tanks (with the acception of the biorb, but way too expensive!). Thanks on the name thing, been thinking what to call the second frog (this one has turned out female so hope that one is male as like Klaus!).

Oz's tank is lookinng fab!!! The shrimp pics always makes me smile (that probably makes me a nutter;))

Ha ha. I won't ask how you tell the gender of an ADF ... What's HER name then?

Well I got Calcifer from Howls MOving Castle and got Klaus from American Dad, hopefully there will be one of each sex so hmmm maybe should call her Francine?

Asseye - I love your tank too. :good: Where do you guys find these cool ornaments like that skull? Everything I see in LFS is really boring compared to what I have.

He he, thanks. The skulls come from Pets At Home. I think most good sized stores stock them. You can probably get them online as well.

Cloud - I personally I agree with you and think it might not be the best idea to post a picture of your tank. ;) I have done it, but still feel embarassed to post pics of my bowl on this forum. I am humbled in the presence of these devoted "masters" ... :-(

Don't feel bad about having a bowl. As long as the betta has plenty of space, is healthy, happy and has good water quality, then you're giving it a better life than many other bettas have. Sure, it'd be great to have all our bettas in 10 gallon tanks on their own, but not everyone has the money and the space so as long as betta owners are considerate to their little friends' needs, and give their betta the right care, they shouldn't be made to feel awful. I'm considering getting a couple of good sized bowls for a couple of betta, as there are some in awful condition at a lfs. One of them just lies on the bottom of his cup and hardly moves. He's been there so long that I'm scared he's just going to be there until he dies.

Oz's tank is lookinng fab!!! The shrimp pics always makes me smile (that probably makes me a nutter;))

Patrick, the shrimp, is amazing. He patrols the tank day and night and is just so funny to watch.

I envy all your tanks!

Here is mine before:
DSCN0715.jpg

And then I changed it up..
DSCN0723.jpg

The poor boy misses his castle but he's still happy

And this is him
DSCN0655.jpg

He seems really tiny to me compared to all the other bettas....does anyone know what kind he is...oh and his name is Sushi :D

Lilacamy - Francine? Love it! If I ever get stuck on what to call a new betta I'll just hire you! : )

anusingh88 - LOVE the tank!

Lilacamy - Francine? Love it! If I ever get stuck on what to call a new betta I'll just hire you! : )

anusingh88 - LOVE the tank!

Thanks Galanta!

Unfortunately he has a shredded tail now, so I got scared and removed the drift wood and the coconut :(....I hope he gets better.

New baby!

Not really named him yet - playing around with "Set" and "Orion".

Does anyone know what colour he is?

DSC02508.jpg

DSC02509.jpg

DSC02513.jpg

cambodian i think, he's lovely

Do you have a lid for the tank? Bettas are known jumpers and move your cabomba plant under the light as they are high light plants i think, mine grow like crazy lol

cambodian i think, he's lovely

Do you have a lid for the tank? Bettas are known jumpers and move your cabomba plant under the light as they are high light plants i think, mine grow like crazy lol

Yep, it's got a lid. If I'm out of the room or asleep, the lid is ON.

Will have a fiddle with the set up. I need a second heater and a second light, as I only have one set between my two small tanks. ###### thermostat on my spare heater broke! Any ideas where I can pick something suitable up SUPER cheap? Hong Kong? Lol. Fortunately, the room is super light (why do I need 4 windows!?) so we're doing OK for light levels.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back