Possible worm infestation?????????

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pete

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys (and gals) lol :p

I wonder if anyone can help me?one of Nikki's Fire eels has what looks like intestinal worms??????????
i saw him just now against the front glass of the tank and he had what i can best describe as a few white flat tape type things hanging from his backside (a bit like an orchid flower to look at) and right before my eyes they disapeared again back into him and he now has a bulge just before his bum????????????
any ideas?

i dont think its in its early stages as it only came out a little bit but there were lots of em .......about 5 or so and they were about a 1/4 of the thickness of the eel.........quite fat?

Any ideas anyone?

No can do as you know m8. It's up to some of our other members to solve this one. I'll keep looking to see what I can come up with. You really need to get that webcam set up.

Ok i got some new fangled and bl**dy expensive treatment for the worms today (primarily for Discus i believe) so i will let you all know if it works and the dosage etc that i used :what:

Fingers crossed folks :what:

Pete I spoke to the main fish man in the sky and he said to try dog wormers :eek: yes dog wormers :thumbs:

Okay it werent really that but almost :laugh:

Go to a friendly vet and get some Dronsit.

Dont feed your fish for a few days then crush the tablet up and then pour it into a bowl of bloodworm, let the bloodworm soak it up then feed it to the fish. After a day or two do a water change :) Your fish is now wormed.

One warning though, this usually is applied to Discus so don't know if it'll work. Plus it might be a simple version of what your doing :thumbs:

Worms are very bad. Very hard to cure and get rid of. The easiest thing to do is to put the fish out of his missery and nuke the tank and all your nets and other fish supplies. Short of that your talking about very dangerous chemicals for your fish to get rid of the worms. (Been there done that and next time the fish gets a grave instead of a a** ton of meds that didn't work. Rose

Euthenasia is not an option im afraid as he is Nikki's fav fish and cost a bloody fortune......he is also hand tamed and hand feeds so he is more of a pet than most of our other fish :(

I'll post on this in a day or two and let you know if it's working :what:

Most reactions

Back