Possible new strain of Platty?

William

TFF Founder
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
My question...
Does anyone have any extra/surplus fish and... would we be able to trade fish At the forum get together?  Perhaps sort out before hand so no fish just travel for the h##l of it  :but: and make sure that the fish will be taken...

I for one have lots of spare livebearers :p  And if anyone APART from adeyc (piranah boy) wants them then I can bring them along.  Also could somebody clear up for me - I think maybe, just maybe I have a new strain of platy.

Some are white and some are yellow/orange but they are all black from the waist back including the tail.  They also have some stripes across their body (some  more than others)  The parents are not like this at all and I have only seen it in the babies.  It seems to be VERY dominant with babies from 3 mothers all looking the same!! :D (must be one of my males )

So is this a new type or are they just common fry  :angry:

Help appreciated (they are too small for pics but I have about 15 of them)

hmmmmmmmm interesting? dunno m8? lol

And as for the spare fish i can get some Blue Acaras together if anyones interested?

William if you could get as close up a pic as possible and send it to me. I might just be able to do something with it in photoshop or some other software to enhance it enough.

not sure if the bringing fish would be a good idea. Are you planning keeping them in their transport containers for the weekend? I might ask and see if they've a spare tank at the hotel we could use if enough people want to do this.

If it is a new strain I want you all to have some, that way I can spread it throughout the UK and have world domination in my sight!! MuHaHahAhaHA!! :)

I don't have a digital camera but instead I drew a picture of one :) Ok here it is and no jokes.. please!

platy.jpg

Ok we've all had a Rib at William about his drawing and he's had a good go at us back. As this post is concerning a new strain of fish I've moved it to the breeding section. Any non productive posts will be deleted as from now.

Will as for your fry, they are a newer strain (if they don't change color on you again and start to look like the parents). They aren't real easily obtainable yet so if you do sell them you could get some good money.

As for the fish pic you drew I like it. I might be a bit biased to drawings like that, due to the fact that I have a 2yr old.

The pic of Adyec would explain a few things. A mug like that would tend to explain why only momma loves him and why he's a bit psycho. Other than that he's perfectly normal (so say the voices.) Rose

A new Strain!! Alright!!

Now I want to get them all over the UK! How cool would that be!!  Any ideas for spreading them quickly ?  I thought for a name day and night - cause white(paleyellow on some) and dark on the tail any other suggestions would be nice.

As this post is more to do with breeding it has been moved from general talk, and tidied up a fair bit.

I have dug up possibly the oldest thread in the livebearers section;

Does william still breed this ''new strain''?

I must agree with you John. It is a truly ancient thread. It seems William is still active on the site so you may have a chance. Have you tried a PM instead of resurrecting a 7 year old thread?

I must agree with you John. It is a truly ancient thread. It seems William is still active on the site so you may have a chance. Have you tried a PM instead of resurrecting a 7 year old thread?
Yeah i pm'ed him.

lol. No kidding! I would like to see some of those platies if possible! :good:
Yeah I wanna see some to!

Yeah, I was reading this, and then I looked at the date... 2002! :crazy:

Well, I've brought up some old topics as well... :lol:

Most reactions

Back