Possible Ick on Cory Cat

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AceTecho

Reaction score
I see little dots on my Cory, I was wondering if this is ick or if it is just debris

Attachments

• C62DFEFF-7691-4CD6-9E80-410F6B537E2A.jpeg
    C62DFEFF-7691-4CD6-9E80-410F6B537E2A.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 40
If I see that I know I have ick. By the time they have on the body like that, their gill filaments have had it much more for at least a couple of days. Interesting because Cory’s often don’t show it the body as often as other fish.
Do you have other fish. Was any new fish introduced recently?
Need to describe your tank, complete details. People here will help. Good luck!

If I see that I know I have ick. By the time they have on the body like that, their gill filaments have had it much more for at least a couple of days. Interesting because Cory’s often don’t show it the body as often as other fish.
Do you have other fish. Was any new fish introduced recently?
Need to describe your tank, complete details. People here will help. Good luck!
Nothing new has been introduced, I have them at a 6.8 ph level and zero ammonia and zero nitrite. I’ve had them for months and never had any issues with them

Can you get some more photos please? Of the tank and other fish? Have you seen any signs of spots or any other signs of illness on any other fish? I can see why you'd think ich, but it somehow doesn't look quite right to me.

Emergency first step is to do a large water change, at least 50% of the total tank volume, while giving the substrate a good clean, and wiping down the inside glass. Do you have any aquarium salt?

Do you feed the fish bottom feeding pellets?

It looks like excess mucous and sediment/ uneaten food on the fish., But I need a clear picture to be certain.

White spot parasites are the same size and the fish in the picture appears to have all sorts of clumps on it.

Do you feed the fish bottom feeding pellets?

It looks like excess mucous and sediment/ uneaten food on the fish., But I need a clear picture to be certain.

White spot parasites are the same size and the fish in the picture appears to have all sorts of clumps on it.
Yes, I do feed them sinking pellets, do you think I’m over feeding or what do you think

Can you get some more photos please? Of the tank and other fish? Have you seen any signs of spots or any other signs of illness on any other fish? I can see why you'd think ich, but it somehow doesn't look quite right to me.

Emergency first step is to do a large water change, at least 50% of the total tank volume, while giving the substrate a good clean, and wiping down the inside glass. Do you have any aquarium salt?
This is how the tank looks, I can’t find him in the tank, probably in the plants. I don’t see any other fish with these issues. Do you think adding salt would work?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 29
Yes, I do feed them sinking pellets, do you think I’m over feeding or what do you think
It looks like there is uneaten food on the bottom of the tank (in the picture). It's possible there is too much food going into the tank and some of the uneaten food is sticking to the fish.

I would not add salt or anything else until we can work out what the problem is.

If you want to do something, do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate. Then try and get some more pictures of the fish.

It looks like there is uneaten food on the bottom of the tank (in the picture). It's possible there is too much food going into the tank and some of the uneaten food is sticking to the fish.

I would not add salt or anything else until we can work out what the problem is.

If you want to do something, do a big water change and gravel clean the substrate. Then try and get some more pictures of the fish.
I think you were right with the uneaten food sticking to him, I’ve been looking at them this morning and seen nothing on them anymore thank you

I think you were right with the uneaten food sticking to him, I’ve been looking at them this morning and seen nothing on them anymore thank you
That's good news! It did look like debris. Time to step up the substrate cleanings! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back