the duck
New Member
So I found my previously (as of last night) perfectly healthy paradise fish lying, dead, on the tank floor. He stomach seemed quite a bit bloated, and I recall that I fed my fish a lot last night. So the only reason that I could think of a perfectly healthy fish dyeing over the course of 12 hours is that he ate himself to death. Is this possibly, and/or likely?
I had a spotted pleco die on me 11 days ago however he seemed ill for a few days leading up to his death. I had the water tested 3 days ago and I have 10 nitrates and 7.2 ph...0 ammonia and nitrites. I won't be able to get the water retested until tomorrow.
Other info: He was in a 20 gallon (us) tank with live plants, 2 other paradise and 3 gouramies. I had him for 3 months, got him post cycle and I haven't added anything major (only java moss) to the tank in the last moth.
So,do you guys think my hypothesis that he ate himself to dead is correct, or do you have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance, The Duck.
I had a spotted pleco die on me 11 days ago however he seemed ill for a few days leading up to his death. I had the water tested 3 days ago and I have 10 nitrates and 7.2 ph...0 ammonia and nitrites. I won't be able to get the water retested until tomorrow.
Other info: He was in a 20 gallon (us) tank with live plants, 2 other paradise and 3 gouramies. I had him for 3 months, got him post cycle and I haven't added anything major (only java moss) to the tank in the last moth.
So,do you guys think my hypothesis that he ate himself to dead is correct, or do you have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance, The Duck.







