Pop-up pond?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Divinityinlove

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi. I've seen this and it is made of polymer. I'm unfamiliar with what forms it can be but google says, its hard plastic. However it looks likr an inflatable pool? Does anyone know if this is sturdy or it can be easily burst or end up leaking?

Can anyone suggest where to look for something similar in size, shape but authentically aqua safe and strong? Perhaps suitable to tie a net over to stop cats getting in.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The ones I have seen (not the very one you showed) are alright for temporary use, and are more of a novelty than something one can rely for any extended time. The frames are not very durable, the plastic material relatively weak, and the viewable panes discolor (yellow) over time. Further, they become hard to store (folded) seasonally, which adds to their premature deterioration.

If you want a temporary pool, get a kids wading pool or something similar. I had an 8 foot diameter pool that rolled up in a box and was 18 inches high when set up. It was a Daphnia pond for a number of years.

You can also buy aquaculture ponds that are 3-4 feet in diameter and a couple of feet high. They sit above ground and are free standing.

*NB* If you have small children, keep the ponds fenced off so they don't fall in the ponds and drown.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back