Poorly Platy - Please Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

JezTaylor

Reaction score
My favourite fish is sick.

She's a female platy that I got last June (my very first fish). She's in a 64l tank with 2 other female platies and 5 neon tetras.

The water parameters are all normal, but about 2 months ago we moved house so they all went through a pretty stressful experience.

She's developed a white mark above he left eye and a couple of smaller white marks around the eye. It's not a small dot/grain like ich and there's nothing cotton-wool-ish growing to suggest a fungal infection. It's more like a white sore. She's still eating normally, but she is clamping fins and spending quite a lot of time hanging around behind the filter.

I'm at a complete loss as to what it could be or how to treat it as I don't think it's ich or a fungal infection. I've increased the temperature from 24 to 26.5 and plan to buy some aquarium salt in the hope that this helps, but any thoughts on what medicine I could try would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jez

Any redness to the white marks? Inside the white patches, or outside of the patch.
Do the white marks look bleached out?
Has the fish been fighting?
Any signs of flicking and rubbing?

WILDER said:
Any redness to the white marks? Inside the white patches, or outside of the patch.
Do the white marks look bleached out?
Has the fish been fighting?
Any signs of flicking and rubbing?

No redness, but there are a few black lines showing in between her scales near her dorsal fin that I haven't noticed before. Almost like veins. I don't know if this is related.

Yes the white marks look like her golden scales have been bleached out.

No I haven't seen her flicking or rubbing against anything.

None of the fish have been fighting, but when I added a new platy about 5 weeks ago she was chasing the other two a bit. This didn't last long and I didn't see her do anything other than give a little chase.

Ok.
Keep a look out for a saddleback appearance. Whiteness that goes along the back of the
fish and down the sides of the fish to form a saddle shape. As this can be saddleback
columnaris.

Do you any myazin by waterlife?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back