Poorly Balloon Molly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StephyFliss

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to fish keeping, was given a tropical tank as a present, has been running properly for about 4 months now, but my Balloon Molly seems to have become unwell and I really don't know what to do for her , please help if you can
sad.png

Tank size: 56litres

I'm really sorry but I don't have a water test kit, was told i didn't need one by someone who I thought was a reliable source (evidently not!) have got one on order, but we're snowed in right now, so can't imagine it arriving any time soon. Water is treated with Nutrafin Aqua+ if that's any help.

tank temp: 23c

Fish Symptoms (include full description including lesion, color, location, fish behavior): About two weeks ago, i noticed my balloon molly had become very sluggish, she spends most of her time on the bottom of the tank, she does swim up to feed but it seems to be a lot of effort for her, she seems to be gasping a lot. Initially, after some research I thought it might be either constipation, or a problem with her swim bladder. I have tried feeding her some skinned pea sections, and have just completed a 12-day treatment for swim bladder with Interpret Swim Bladder treatment. She seemed a bit perkier, but today I have noticed that one of her eyes is very swollen and popping out, she also has a dark spot around her eye too, I don't know if this is a symptom of pop-eye, can't seem to find any info about these specific symptoms, I can't add another treatment for a week now.

Volume and Frequency of water changes: I have been doing approx 30-40% water changes every three-four days, before treatment.

Chemical Additives or Media in your tank: Filter has been removed while treating swim bladder as per instructions.

Tank inhabitants: 1 Balloon Molly (female) 1 Siamese Fighter (male) 2 Powder Blue Dwarf Gourami (Males) 2 Neon Tetra

Recent additions to your tank (living or decoration): No new additions.

Please help if you can, thanks
smile.png

Start doing 30% water changes daily. Mollies seem to be very susceptible to pop-eye, when I had mollies I used to do this sort of change routine, and it went away without medication.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back