Pond Waterfall

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

rae

Reaction score
We are currently in the process of building a pond in our backyard. We have the liner in the bottom but we are a little stumped as to the waterfall. We were told to dig out a hole at the back (behind the mound for the waterfall) so that the water can accumulate before it goes over the waterfall and we don't know if we should put a bucket into this hole to hold the water or if we can just put liner into it. If anyone has any idea (hopefully you understand my explaination) any info woutl be appreciated.

Are you using an external filter on the pond? Just asking because this will affect the set-up. :)

I don't understand??
the hole at the back of the mound for the waterfall?
the water needed to create a "fall" would have to be higher than the pond so gravity can do it's thing.

am I not getting what you are saying?

Well we got it all straightened out. Thanks for the replies anyways. Hopefully it will be up and running soon. Sorry about the terrible description!

:rofl: i get what he means ,some type of sump to allow the water to build up you dont need one really as long as the water looks good coming down ,but they are recommended ,with some type of substrater (sp) pebbles or something to allow the water to filter through and create airiation ,mine just exits the filter and hits the pond(might be cos i aint built the waterfall yet)

Most reactions

Back