Pond estimate

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Paul_MTS

MAD
Reaction score
Just been thinking and wondering how much my much wanted bigger pond would cost???

I think I'll do a fairly modest sized one 10x8x4 which gets exactly 2000gallons.

So to give it the basic kit with a adeqaute filter with UV and a pump.

pond liner etc etc

How much do bricks cost!!??

I won't have bottom drains as it adds to much complication and cost to it.

I'm asking this as I'm having 2nd thoughts of another hobby, as I have something on order which would cost £500 then I have gear ready for it which I can sell for £300. So by not buying this I could probable afford this pond!!

Plus my top pond can then be used as a big flower pot for mum and I can stick any fry in there to gorw up and not bother about nets on it. :kana:

Bottom pond will remain for goldfish :rolleyes: then this pond will be for all the beuties...koi, sturgeon, grass carp, tench.

Urm...bit bigger than a 10x8x4 :/ I think I might extend one end to have like a flower bed :sick: with a water fall running through the middle :D so I could use liner for that aswell

Liner costs can vary, go down to the shop you intend to purchase it from and get an estimate or find out the price per meter. The price of filters/pumps/UVs and so on vary depending on the quality you want and the stocking levels of the pond. Have a look around and note down some filters you like the look of etc and you can narrow down the estimated cost.

An Example: You could try something like the Bioforce 9000 UVC & Titan 5500 Pump for a heavily stocked pond, this would cost around £250. Then you would add the price of the liner etc......

[email protected]

paul drop this bloke a line hes as cheap as chips for liners i bought mine at the buy it now price on e-bay for £29 for a 8x6x3

bricks could be bought for as cheap as 10p each if you bulk buy
add to this your sand/cement

check out reclaimation yards for 2nd hand stuff etc you might be lucky enough to come across something premoulded

if you need any tips drop me a pm ;)

Ouch didn't relaise a good pump and filter should be that sort of price, that would be half the dosh gone straight away...although thats the main cost really isn't it- apart from getting a albino sturgeon in there :D

Yer I'll have to get down to Kevin and have a chat about ponds for a change, it's normally tanks now.

I think railway slippers would look grand plus you don't need to do asmuch work fitting them, just a bolt down the corners.

I don't think I'll bother looking for a preformed as 2k gallons is big for a liner...plus I don't want to risk leakages.

I still have to bring ma and pa round to it :rolleyes: or I might go and blow it all on other stuff, like another tank :whistle:

paul_v_biker said:
Ouch didn't relaise a good pump and filter should be that sort of price, that would be half the dosh gone straight away...although thats the main cost really isn't it- apart from getting a albino sturgeon in there :D

Yer I'll have to get down to Kevin and have a chat about ponds for a change, it's normally tanks now.

I think railway slippers would look grand plus you don't need to do asmuch work fitting them, just a bolt down the corners.

I don't think I'll bother looking for a preformed as 2k gallons is big for a liner...plus I don't want to risk leakages.

I still have to bring ma and pa round to it :rolleyes: or I might go and blow it all on other stuff, like another tank :whistle:
I think railway slippers would look grand
They would look grand on you paul :thumbs:

night xxxx :p

paul_v_biker said:
Hmmmmm, not sure what thats meant to mean :/
No one is ever really sure what shes on about. :S

Keep us posted paul. :)

ryan said:
paul_v_biker said:
Hmmmmm, not sure what thats meant to mean :/
No one is ever really sure what shes on about. :S

Keep us posted paul. :)
Railway slippers :p
b7_1_b.JPG

You two need a good ass whipping :thumbs:

just a bolt down the corners

youd have to stake them every 2 ft for safety paul thats a hell of a lot of water in there, approx 2 tonne
the inside would still need some type of lining under the liner
for every 1ft up youd need to go 1" down as a foundation no matter what you build it with

Hmmmmmm i think those slippers would look good being slapped round your cheeks!!

I found that pump and filter in add in PFK and there £130 each or less for the pump I looked at the mos powerful model :rolleyes:

I was thinking of maybe 2 ft up and 2ft dwn or maybe 3ft aboce, so 2/3" of foundations :/ I thought they need to be like 1ft.

Not too much point planning it right down to materials as I have to get parents on my side first, would be a bit hard to start building a pond without help :crazy: Mum really isn't keen on having another pond as she keeps on saying because I won't be around for much longer etc etc.....Hmmm i could always dismantle it and rebuild in my garden when i get me own house :fun:

Dad always looks at the biggest preformed liners when we go to garden centres, so if i get mum round he'll agree

I thought they need to be like 1ft.
i thought the same but asked a builder pal who works for us doing walls the only reason you need a foundation is that bricks etc wont stick to soil so you need a solid footer to build off

if you look at my pics paul youl see i left a shelf inside the pond the outer wall is only 2ft so i only needed a 2" found and the depth was added 1ft away from the wall this reduced the pressure on the bricks and saved a lot on materials

if you used slippers :rofl: youd only need to go 3 sleepers up

Most reactions

Back