Plucky the Pleco

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Kritastrophe

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Lately Iā€™ve been having some disagreements with my BN Pleco Plucky in regards to the terrain changes heā€™s been making. First off he has a significant amount of hiding places to include a real driftwood hill, cichlid hiding stones, a faux driftwood tunnel, live planted cover, etc. Yet... he acts like heā€™s trying to build Reichsburg sand castles as well as trying to build tunnels in the sand under any objects to include plants, stones, driftwood which doesnā€™t work because itā€™s sand. Every day thereā€™s a change and itā€™s becoming an issue with plants in addition to aesthetic reason. Anyone have any suggestions or experience as to how to convince him to stop ā€œThe Great Escapeā€ behavior? Maybe some artificial tunnels filled with sand or anything, something? About to change his name to Captain Virgil Hilts.

Not sure if you can change that. You might try re-arranging the furniture to your taste to see if he prefers that ????

Iā€™ll try that. I love my pleco so hopefully the behavior at least slows down a little. Itā€™s been more intense since I moved him into a larger tank.

My BN Pleco did the same things in my 29 gallon tank for several months after I got him. Once he got things to his liking, he no longer does that. He basically hides either under a flagstone "cave" I made for him or he hides beneath the driftwood.

Hopefully yours will "grow out of it" too eventually.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back