Pleco turning White!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I am a little concerned that you said that you have a common pleco in a 65 litre aquarium...way too small aquarium for a common pleco (too small for a BN, let alone a common pleco)

Ten months old and in a small aquarium, its little wonder that she is short and fat tbh...common's grow enormous, well in excess of 18 inches with a girth of a baby's arm

You're going to need a much bigger aquarium for her.

Maybe..not sure, I just went by the description in the original post of the beastie being a 10 month old common pleco

Hopefully her owner can clear that up...evenso, a 65 litre is a bit on the small size for a BN really, well not ideal anyway
True

Maybe..not sure, I just went by the description in the original post of the beastie being a 10 month old common pleco

Hopefully her owner can clear that up...evenso, a 65 litre is a bit on the small size for a BN really, well not ideal anyway
She is in a 65L for now but I'm putting her in a larger tank soon once she grows a bit larger. This is my first time looking after Bristle nose's so I just want to make sure I am doing it correct before she disappears in the larger tank.

Also, she is a Bristlenose sorry. I just call them Pleco's because they are "Plecos" but not the actual common pleco. She is a common Bristlenose pleco.

That's her RN, she just moved when I tried to photo her. She looks to have this weird tear in her "Flipper" where she got hurt. The water is fine (except for PH but that was fixed) and I'm just worried as she is a lot less active since I last photo'd her. The white thing on her belly is gone now. I will try to stop feeding her so much. Also she sleeps so much more than she did 3 or so days ago. I'm still worried that she is acting strangely. Can you tell me if anything sounds off from that description and if I should put her in the tank right now or if I can wait? Thank you for all the tips and I will try to fix everything you have told me.

Attachments

• 20211021_093600.jpg
    20211021_093600.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
That's her RN, she just moved when I tried to photo her. She looks to have this weird tear in her "Flipper" where she got hurt. The water is fine (except for PH but that was fixed) and I'm just worried as she is a lot less active since I last photo'd her. The white thing on her belly is gone now. I will try to stop feeding her so much. Also she sleeps so much more than she did 3 or so days ago. I'm still worried that she is acting strangely. Can you tell me if anything sounds off from that description and if I should put her in the tank right now or if I can wait? Thank you for all the tips and I will try to fix everything you have told me.
If the algaewafers and cumcumber are the only food you're supplying you're not overfeeding.
Don't cut it down.

I'd feed it everyday but variate (bell pepper, brussels sprouts, brocolli but also occadionally bloodworms and shrimppellets)

I have been feeding her once every two days is the only thing I worry, and I rarely feed the cucumber anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back