Pleco turning White!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Attenbruh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
My BN pleco turned white in the stomach this morning, all the water is fine but she has been acting strangely.
Is she ok or should I do something?
She is a common Bristlenose pleco and is 10m/o, she is in a 65L tank with some plants and hiding spots.

Last edited:
Even though you say the water is "fine" could you give us your tank params and show a picture?

ok
Nitrite - 0
Ammonia - 0
PH - 7
Nitrate - 5
Those have to be the best parameters ive seen in a long time ngl....
And could we see a pic of the pleco's white spot?

She just swam off when I went to get a picture but I will get one when I can sorry.

She just swam off when I went to get a picture but I will get one when I can sorry.
Its fine... She may have accidentally injured her fin than...

That's the best I could get sorry, the lighting isn't great and you can't really see very well the whiteness. If I get any more good pictures I will post them but it does look to have gotten better since I last saw.

Attachments

• white stoumach.jpg
    white stoumach.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 51
Are you talking about the white spot near the tail?
That's the best I could get sorry, the lighting isn't great and you can't really see very well the whiteness. If I get any more good pictures I will post them but it does look to have gotten better since I last saw.

Ok thanks for your help. I will do some more research. I think it may be stress and she may have hurt her fin when pulling off one of her get-always.
she may have did something ~wild~ and hit herself on the front side and also her fin that she is guarding

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back