Pleco Not Eating?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ibuyafish

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

We have a pleco who has happily grown to a large size, and our fish tank can't keep up with the algae production for our lovely vacuum cleaner. I have tried to feed him the tablets but he won't have anything to do with them, they just break up in the tank and turn into things that resemble large single celled organizams, which just dirty up my tank.

I'm worried that he may be starving though and I don't know what to do? I heard something about zucchini being food for him?

Please let me know.

do you feed him at night?

try more meatier tablets as some plecos and omnivores, i feed mine nutrafin sinking earthworm tablets, they jump on them and hog it haha

they will also eat things like cockle

Try a mixture of veggies -courgette, cucumber, potato and sweet potato (parboiled), boiled swede - my L001 eats them all.

I'm not sure what kind of pleco it is. But, while I was out yesterday I picked up some blue light bulbs for my fish tank to see what it would look like. Well, there was a tablet in there when I changed the lighting, came back a few minutes later and it wasn't there anymore. I have fed him a couple other times and the tablets are disappearing and not getting stuck to my filter intake, so I'll take that as a good sign.

Guess he either got desperate and finally gave into the tablets or he needed some mood lighting to get him on his way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back