Please Sign

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Noahs ark6

Fish Herder
Reaction score
HI

Please take one minute to sign a petition to stop a mega dam being built in the amazon. The construction of this dam would flood 400,000 acres of land and displace 40,000 indigenous and local people and destroying the priceless habitat of many species of animals. Not to mention, destroying many thousands of precious trees.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/amazon_under_threat/:good:

As the Human population rises there will always be times where something needs to be sacrificed to feed our expansion and need for electricity. This dam might be rejected but there will be many more situations like it.

As the Human population rises there will always be times where something needs to be sacrificed to feed our expansion and need for electricity. This dam might be rejected but there will be many more situations like it.
It's a shame isn't it. I understand our demands are growing, but we can find solutions to the problems without further damaging rainforests etc.

Fantastic :good:

I've signed it but to be honest, petitioning a South American government is pointless. Their political system works on bribes and bungs, not common sense or care for the environment. They only care about forest destruction if someone pays them more than the dam builders and chainsawers to represent that viewpoint. This is well documented if you check out the history of destructive construction in Brazil and neighbouring countries.

very true. Here is the lesson humans, stop multiplying!

I've signed it but to be honest, petitioning a South American government is pointless. Their political system works on bribes and bungs, not common sense or care for the environment. They only care about forest destruction if someone pays them more than the dam builders and chainsawers to represent that viewpoint. This is well documented if you check out the history of destructive construction in Brazil and neighbouring countries.
May aswell try :nod:

Only took two seconds and I didn't fill in the phone number or last name. No harm in it. :good:

very true. Here is the lesson humans, stop multiplying!
China or Japan (not sure which one) has a law limiting the children per couple to one. I think this would be something very sensible and effective to be roled out across the world :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back