Reaction score
i have a new tank 160L tank for fresh fish could you please tell me what ,
Ph
Kh
Gh
Nitrate
Nitrite
Should be thank you

Some of those values will depend upon your source water (tap water probably, or well water if in rural area). The GH, KH and pH of your source water will indicate the type of fish you would be best with. It is possible but not that easy to adjust these. You should be able to find out the GH, KH and pH from your water authority if you are on municipal/city water; check their website.

Nitrite should always be zero if fish are in the tank, as should ammonia. Nitrate should be as low as possible, with 20 ppm the maximum. These tests are from the tank water, but you should always test your source water for all three initially (straight out of the tap) so you will know if any of them are present.

Byron.

What species of fish? Different species need different pH, Kh, and Gh. If you are talking about those two goldfish in your profile pick then the pH can be anywhere from 7-8 IMO.

Nitrates should be below 40 all the time (preferable low as possible) and nitrites and ammonia should always be zero in a cycled tank. Sounds like you just recently set up this tank and threw fish in right away, not giving the tank to go through the nitrogen cycle. I suggest doing some reading on that and be prepared for lots of water changes to keep levels in the safe zone when going through the fish-in cycle.

No I have two tanks didn't know if there was a difference with having a bigger tank

There's no difference in terms of what water quality (ammonia, nitrates, nitrites) should be in different sized tanks, it all depends on what the fish need. An example would be like Africans need a high pH and hard water, while neons prefer lower pH and soft water. Or like golfish like temps under 70 F while bettas like their water in the low 80's.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back