Please Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I disagree with Metriaclima Etherae for the last. I'm not certain it's a lab as it's pure yellow, that's why I said it could be a hybrid/badly bred/inbred one. I'm just coming out with yellow Mbuna now - female salousi?

I disagree with Metriaclima Etherae for the last. I'm not certain it's a lab as it's pure yellow, that's why I said it could be a hybrid/badly bred/inbred one.
the pic does not show it but it has a tint of blue on the bottom fins does that help and the one u said was a hap number one is purple but in the light it goes yellowish aswell

I'm still going with my ideas except maybe what I said was a lab as it's just too plain, I'm going with it being a hybrid of some kind.

Red zebra I'm thinking not. The females are normally orange/red not the bright yellow in this persons fish. Also most red zebras develop eye spots, how big are your fish cichlids newbie?

I disagree with Metriaclima Etherae for the last. I'm not certain it's a lab as it's pure yellow, that's why I said it could be a hybrid/badly bred/inbred one.
the pic does not show it but it has a tint of blue on the bottom fins does that help and the one u said was a hap number one is purple but in the light it goes yellowish aswell

It still looks to me like a female red zebra.. can you get any more pictures of an all side view as the Lab and R-Z have different body shapes. It could well though be a xLab with zeb but we would need a pic of the body shape to be sure.

I'm still going with my ideas except maybe what I said was a lab as it's just too plain, I'm going with it being a hybrid of some kind.

Red zebra I'm thinking not. The females are normally orange/red not the bright yellow in this persons fish. Also most red zebras develop eye spots, how big are your fish cichlids newbie?
lol all fun and games huh

It still looks to me like a female red zebra.. can you get any more pictures of an all side view as the Lab and R-Z have different body shapes. It could well though be a xLab with zeb but we would need a pic of the body shape to be sure.
the one in question is very aggressive

Well flick through these click on the drop down box and look through the pics. The red zebras are just too orange for me to go with them.

lol all fun and games huh

The joys of buying unidentified Malawi's :lol:

the one in question is very aggressive

Very aggressive as in the most dominant fish? Could well be a male if it's in control of the tank. Red zebra males are blue....

Very aggressive as in the most dominant fish? Could well be a male if it's in control of the tank. Red zebra males are blue....
it will attack but always lose number one fish will let it bully him tho

Not all red zebra males are blue. The Z's from minnows reef are male blue and female yellow/orange/red but most tank breads unless its still in there blood or they are genuin F1 are not blue in males.

I have some of these guys and my males are orange and the females except for one are a pale pasty orange.

Please look through the net at other sites, alot of the pics on the site you posted are red reds which are bred to be redder than your average...

This is so hard to explain lol.

Also Cichlids Newbie, my female is agressive and is always always chasing my labs about so I am still saying Female Red zebra.

The second fish should be the most aggressive I'm going for? I looked through the cichlid forum and all profiles of red zebras, yes some males are "female colours" but also the colours are generally orange not bright yellow.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back