Please Help

cichlids newbie

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to cichlids i have four what i was told was malawi ciclids for shop keeper sold me a book but i can not tell what they are or if tha ae male or female can any one help i can send picures

http://photobucket.com/

Go there and sign up.

then go to "Upload" and find the picture you want to post here and upload it to Photbucket.

Then below there it will have the URL to input here. Click on it and copy then paste here.

Third one I'm going with P. lombardoi. Second one is some sort of Melanochromis. Last one a yellow lab, maybe a poorly bred one? (Labidochromis caeruleus)

I'll get back to you if no one else replies on the other. Try here for profiles of the fish

2nd to last might be a crabro. I had one but it was a LONG time ago so I could be wrong.

Hmmm maybe not then, I see jayjay already id'd it.

No clue on the first 2.

Third one I'm going with P. lombardoi. Second one is some sort of Melanochromis.

I'll get back to you if no one else replies on the others.

ok thanks i kep on getting tangerine zebra lol

2nd to last might be a crabro. I had one but it was a LONG time ago so I could be wrong.

Hmmm maybe not then, I see jayjay already id'd it.

No clue on the first 2.

ok thanks man any idea what the orange one is

Vague I know, but the first one is a type of Haplochromis I think. Sorry I kept editing :lol:

I'm going with

1 - Haplochromis sp.
2 - Melanochromis sp.
3 - Pseudotroheus lombardoi
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus

Vague I know, but the first one is a type of Haplochromis I think. Sorry I kept editing :lol:

I'm going with

1 - Haplochromis sp.
2 - Melanochromis sp.
3 - Pseudotroheus lombardoi
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus

Could the first one be a female fryeri?

No idea for 1 and 2 but 3- Lombardoi although I think poorly bred.
and the last picture you all say a lab.. i think its too orange so i will go with a Metriaclima Etherae

Most reactions

trending

Back