please help new fish

davewfilms

Reaction score
B) i have a 12 gallon tank with 5 zebra danio /6 red eye tetra i would like to get a red tail shark/dwarf gourami i didnt no if they would get on in this size tank or what other fish could i get please advice

Hi Dave :hi:
Sounds to me your tank is pretty well stocked

i think the shark would get alittle to big.

Maybe one Gourami would fit buts it pushing it

Hope you have a nice time in the forums you'll
find it very informative!

B) would shark be ok with my other fish i will get larger tank when fish get bigger

B) my tank is 13.5 gallons dont no if this makes much diffrence

Hiya dave,

It wouldn't be a good idea to mix your tetras and blue danios with red tail sharks...since the red tail sharks are semi aggressive fishes and are very territorial. Hence you would be better off having them in a big tank where they can territoriate a certain area without the danios and tetras bothering..With the size of your tank i would advice against it.

Think abt it :thumbs:

-_- ok thanks for the reply i wont bother with shark is there any other fish i could put in my tank with the danios/red eyes

Hi davewfilms :)

You would be pushing it a bit, but you could probably add one dwarf gourami to your tank. The success you will have with this addition will be dependant on the filtration your tank has and the amount of effort you would be willing to commit to keeping it clean.

If you have (and regularly use) test kits to monitor the water quality, I think you would be OK. :D

But, since you are already thinking about getting another tank, why not get it started as soon as possible? :unsure:

Most reactions

Back