Please Help Me Choose A Canister Filter!

Which would you choose?

• Total voters
If the 360 is the tetratec ex2400 then you have made the right choice. The 2400 is a dog of a filter.

If the 360 is the tetratec ex2400 then you have made the right choice. The 2400 is a dog of a filter.

Do you mean "dog" in a bad way? I've always wanted the Tetratec EX1200 but I couldn't find them locally. I wonder if the parts are interchangeable?

I'm interested to hear how it goes. Like I had said, I considered the Marineland but didn't research that route as thoroughly as you. I just happened to get more responses about the Rena.

I know someday I'll be setting up a Malawi tank, and don't think I could give up my 2 planted ones for it. :hey: :hey: Guess I'll need a new setup.

Hope all goes well. :good:

Do you mean "dog" in a bad way? I've always wanted the Tetratec EX1200 but I couldn't find them locally. I wonder if the parts are interchangeable?

Yeah it is shockingly awful!!

It uses the same impeller as the 1200, but the motor is twice as powerful so the little impeller is being spun stupidly fast which creates a whirring noise. It's like having a jumbo jet in your front room. Very poor and a real dissapointment compared to the excellent jewel in the crown that the 1200 is. :good:

WHEN you get the marineland get some pics of the inside, motorhead and media and i will tell you iff it is the same. :good:

Yeah it is shockingly awful!!

It uses the same impeller as the 1200, but the motor is twice as powerful so the little impeller is being spun stupidly fast which creates a whirring noise. It's like having a jumbo jet in your front room. Very poor and a real dissapointment compared to the excellent jewel in the crown that the 1200 is. :good:

WHEN you get the marineland get some pics of the inside, motorhead and media and i will tell you iff it is the same. :good:

I believe the Marineland C-220 is equivalent to a Tetratec EX700, not the EX1200. The EX1200 = C-360.

Should I be looking at a C-360 aka EX1200 just to filter a 36 gallon aka 136.275 liter tank?

'runs to check the dimensions of the C-360.............. :hyper:

Is it? Thats pants then. I would be wanting the 1200's equivalent what ever it may be. I am currently running one on a 88 litre tank. :lol:

So I should get the equivalent of the Tetratec EX1200 which is the Marineland C-360 ??? Luckily the diameter of the can is the same as the C-220

..........goes back to Amazon.com..............

The best price I could find is $142.

Should I just get the smaller C-220 & keep the Penguin 200 on it as well? I mean technically I would be moving water at a combined 420 gallon per hour on a 36 gallon tank. That's 11.667 times the tank per hour!!! :shout: Add to that the fact that I would have 2 sources for pickup of debris as well as 2 sources to add flow. Is that overkill?

I have the rena xp2 on my 46g with the Penguin 350 and was considering just leaving them. My only problem is getting the surface agitation a little lower, two filters are driving the co2 out of the tank and my plants are showing signs of the problem.

I'd think it couldn't hurt except for the electric bill. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back