Please help... I do not want to lose him..

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishyfish890

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I'll attach photos + video for you to see and determine what is wrong with him hopefully. It's swimming ok I guess but it looks damn unhappy.

Water conditions are perfect, zero ammonia, nitrate and nitrite. This happened during/after a water change about 36 hours ago, although apparently there were signs of this prior to the water change according to the other members of my household. I give them quality food, the oxygenation of the water should be beyond necessary (the pump flows onto the surface, there are air bubble stones and a fan). Moreover everyone else is completely fine. The issue I have if it's disease then what? He looks honestly fine from appearances sake. If you can tell please tell me urgently what medication I should provide.

Ps. pH is around 7.8 ish

Many thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201012_085621.jpg
    IMG_20201012_085621.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20201012_085616.jpg
    IMG_20201012_085616.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 82
  • GIF-201012_090806.gif
    GIF-201012_090806.gif
    13.8 MB · Views: 86
Did you dechlorinate the new water before the water change?
Is the fish still eating?
What does its poop look like?

-------------------
Increase aeration and add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres of water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Did you dechlorinate the new water before the water change?
Is the fish still eating?
What does its poop look like?

-------------------
Increase aeration and add 2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt for every 20 litres of water. Keep the salt in there for 2 weeks and see what happens.
Fish had no appetite yesterday, will try again soon to see if that's changed (going to try peas to see if that will help anything). Yes I use API stress coat with every new bucket of water added. It hasn't popped whatsoever. Thing is it can't be the aeration, everyone else is content and there is literally almost too much circulation in there. I would do your idea of rock salt but I have no other unit for him to go in and I have featherfin catfish. Salt is pretty toxic to them. If that's my only option then I'll have to let him go :(

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back