Please help fill my tank!!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dawney G

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am looking at getting some more fish for my tank and i am not sure what i can put with my others. I have a Pictus cat, a bronze corydoras, Guppies and a siamese fighter. Please help me!!! My tank looks so empty and i desperatly want too fill it up!!

get to dwarf gouramis but you need live plantsor you can get mollies platies swordtails tetras loads if you are not sure just ask in your local petstore.
hope i helped. :D

Tank size would be great, we can then give you better help/advice.

Guppies and a male Betta (if it is male) are not a good combo, normally the Betta will do some serious damage to the Guppies. Sorry to raise this but it is all too common. :/

also bumb up the number of cories with more of the same type, they prefer groups and apprently only schaol with the same tyope of ciory as themselves

Also, the pictus will have your guppies for lunch as it begins to grow (gets to 6").

gouramis, paradise fish and bettas are all anabatoids. anabatoids like to fight with each other a lot. i'd have to veto mixing a betta with gouramis.

On a more positive note, the Pictus, corys and the Betta should get on OK :) , re-homing the guppies would fix that problem. Tank size is essential to advise you on any further additions though.

Uh, pictus eat bigger things as they get bigger. I had to take out my cories when my pictus started trying to pick at them, and I think if I remember correctly they'll eat anything like three inches or smaller when full grown. Ditto on the tank info, it's a must have.

Most reactions

Back