Please help! betta fish ill with no physical indicators

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Is clamped fins not a sign of stress?

Indirectly, yes. Clamped fins is due to some problem which might be a disease, inappropriate water parameters, poor water quality...whatever. And any of these is also causing stress. But the stress itself is not the cause of clamped fins, it is whatever is causing the stress. And that "whatever is causing stress" is what needs to be fixed, and if this has to do with something in the water, water changes will benefit more than not.

Hello and welcome. I am only interested in helping you help your fish. Since he appears to be stressed does he have places to hide? Plants are helpful can you add any or is there not enough space? I would recommend at least a 5 gallon -10 gallon tank to give him more room to swim. If the lighting is bright adjust it down and see if that helps. What do you feed him? Water changes are helpful in most cases since most health issues start there.

Hello and welcome. I am only interested in helping you help your fish. Since he appears to be stressed does he have places to hide? Plants are helpful can you add any or is there not enough space? I would recommend at least a 5 gallon -10 gallon tank to give him more room to swim. If the lighting is bright adjust it down and see if that helps. What do you feed him? Water changes are helpful in most cases since most health issues start there.
I do not have the space currently for a bigger tank, but plan to get one in the near future when i move. He does have plenty of places to hide, which he used to use occasionally. but since his health declined, he lays on the floor in the front of the tank in plane view. I have played around with the lighting a bit since he got sick and it has not made a difference. I feed him omega one betta pellets.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back