Platy Gravid Spot

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fisharecool:)

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
just wondering if a mickey mouse platy 's (shes orange) gravid spot looks like a round little ball because when i look at her inside she has a little round ball inside that seems to be getting bigger. is this a baby? i will try 2 get pic but now my camera is dead. also just wanted to post sunny's behaviors, so if anyone can tell me if she's due. she hides inside the castle in the tank, swims sometimes close to the bottom, and she chases away some of the other platys.

Darker the spot, closer to the due date. Theres really no way to say how soon, but if you want the fry to live I would take her out of the main tank, or have lots of floating planted so the fry can hide.

Darker the spot, closer to the due date. Theres really no way to say how soon, but if you want the fry to live I would take her out of the main tank, or have lots of floating planted so the fry can hide.

Thanks. what do they do when they are ready to drop?

Go by her size not the gravid spot..

Il wait til you post a pic and give you a better idea of when she will drop

I can wait lol
here's her pic i took today:
RSCN2240.JPGRSCN2242.JPG
that's the best ive done with my pics. if you need better just ask and ill try :good: she's a whole lot bigger than my other female who by the way is recouperating in the breeder.
also i have a tiny problem. if she is due, i have my other sick platy in the breeder. if she is due , can i tenporarily (i think i spelled that wrong) put my sick one in a bowl with a plant and gravel until she is done having them?

tbh she just looks well fed to me, if she is carrying then she is no where near due.

I can wait lol
View attachment 52589View attachment 52588
that's the best ive done with my pics. if you need better just ask and ill try :good: she's a whole lot bigger than my other female who by the way is recouperating in the breeder.
also i have a tiny problem. if she is due, i have my other sick platy in the breeder. if she is due , can i tenporarily (i think i spelled that wrong) put my sick one in a bowl with a plant and gravel until she is done having them?

I can clearly see that she is not even 1 week pregnant.

sorry

W

Wgen she is pregnant heavy, her belly will drop at the front and the back like in pic how i have shown

post_43261_1218217329.jpg

I can wait lol
View attachment 52589View attachment 52588

I can clearly see that she is not even 1 week pregnant.

sorry

W

Wgen she is pregnant heavy, her belly will drop at the front and the back like in pic how i have shown

View attachment 52591
i had someone tell me she was due in 2 weeks 3 weeks ago .so i KNOW she ahs been preggnant at least 3 weeks now. and she has gotten bigger. i will put her pic from three weeks ago along with this one today so you can see.thanks you for your pic. it really helped. i ll just wait till she gets bigger. thanks 5teady!!! ill post a pic of her when she is bigger. so if she is only i week preggo, when will she have them. becuase in the tank, she looks huge!!! :hyper:

thanks for all your help guys. ill just wait until she has them. :good: i will post tons of pics.

Have you got any males in with her? seems to me she aint even pregnant at all.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back